...barely. First off, I will say that I LOVE the new carpet. Its just slow going to resume normal life. Still no computer set up in the house, but we're getting there. Our living room and downstairs bedroom are done, Nathans room has all the furniture back in, our room has the bed and 2 nightstands, the family room has a couch and the tv - but nothing else... so we're slowly coming along. We got to putting our brown couches back and getting ready to put the blue ones back downstairs - and Chris says that he doesn't want to put them back. Well, to make the long conversation short, we bought a leather sofa yesterday. Its 2/3 of a sectional, so it has arms on both sides, but its 2 pieces that meet in the middle. Essentially its one LONG couch. We were going to do a chair on the side, but came to the conclusion that it would be best to let the kids have the entire corner for toys. Works for me!
Anyone want a pair of free blue corduroy stained couches with no legs? LOL! Chris wants to put them on KSL for a week or two and see if anyone wants them before we take them to the dump.
Anyway, work is insane. The ONE thing that I had to get done today I haven't even touched. I am going to bring it home tonight, but we're going to Savior of the World (a play that my stake is putting on) Its the same as what they did at the conference center for Christmas. A few of the cast members live in my stake, and they are directing it. So that is going on tonight which doesn't leave much room for me to get my work done. Oh well. Such is life - right? You make do.
Well once we get a little bit more done, I will take some pictures of the house. Its kind of fun. We have a unique opportunity to have lived in a house for 5 years, and now we get to redo it! Kind of do it the way we would have liked to do it 5 years ago but couldn't. I'm looking forward to going through all my junk and hopefully getting RID OF most of it. Its nice too because everything has to have a place when you put it back. So if it doesn't have a place - it gets tossed. Why do I think this process is going to take a month? I don't know. Hopefully our house will be 75% by this weekend. I hate living in chaos. I need my dining room table back!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't wait to see it!!!
MARY!!!! Ben Arkell found you...it's good to read your blog! I have one, too...click no my name...hope all is well...talk to you soon!!! Dana
Post a Comment