Sunday, May 11, 2008

Part 3 - IKEA

Adventures in IKEA. ;) Thanks Meredith for going with me. Couldn't have done it without you. I spent WAY too much, but had no idea what to expect since it was my first trip. I knew I was going for a desk (since we are selling that large one next to the dining table in the last post) but I came away with a new desk chair, a bookshelf, 4 patio chairs, and a picnic table plus a few extra small things. I have the bookshelf, chair and picnic table put together and my fingers hurt so I'm taking a break and will put the desk together tomorrow. Meredith was able to find the dresser she has been wanting (on clearance) in perfect condition. It was the floor model and had no scratches or anything - but they couldn't hold it for us, and it was put together, so it was large. Let me tell you how much fun we had fitting it into the Pathfinder! LOL! It was fun. She had my patio chairs sticking out of her trunk... we were a sight to see. I think the IKEA guy who was helping us load thought we were insane.
I have to admit, I've been pleasantly surprised. Maybe I'm just too used to Walmart furniture, but IKEA seems to help you out a little. They give you little wrenches when you need it, their instructions are easy, and my bookshelf came with a strap to mount it to the wall. I thought that was great. You definitely get what you pay for. If you're willing to spend a little extra for the real stuff instead of the particle board version... its really not bad quality.
Here is a picture of the picnic table. I think this may have turned out to be my favorite purchase... ;) It still needs to be stained/protected, but I think its pretty nice.


Here is my pretty bookshelf. It fits perfectly in my little corner. The chair that I got is also there.
This bench is one that Chris bought the week before. It has a shelf that you put above it for coats and backpacks, but i haven't put that one together either. Its also not staying here in the living room, but will go by the front door

1 comments:

chrissy said...

I love that little skinny bookshelf! I have a few different spots in my house that one of those would fit quite nicely in :)

I love Ikea. But I try not to go too often. Because somehow I go with a lot of money, and leave with none. Even though get cute stuff, it's not always a good thing, you know?