Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I've missed a lot!

Alright, so I thought I would start and maybe recap this last week. It doesn't seem like much has happened, but its just my life... so of course it isn't that interesting. ;) And of course things happened in the middle of my reading, so this is my attempt to catch up before all the Halloween posts come.


I got to volunteer at Eli's preschool last week which was of course lots of fun (ahem). I honestly don't know how teachers do it. I would go insane having to take care of all those kids day in and day out. I enjoy my nursery calling - but that is once a week. I can do once a week. Anyway, back to the point. Eli has a new teacher! Her name is Ms. Fatma. I'm not exactly sure what country she is from, but she has an accent. She is very nice and I think Eli is really going to like her. I like that she has started making them journal everyday. His last teacher mentioned it, but that first day Ms. Fatma was there they had never been cracked. Oh well. Unfortunately Eli is going through an anti-camera stage, so he isn't interested in pictures being taken of himself. That is going to have to change for Friday what with Halloween and all. Gotta get my "Ninja Turtle" some good camera time. :)

I also took the kids to Black Island Farms with some of the other moms in my neighborhood. What a fun time!!! There were huge slides and a corn maze and a little cow train made of 55 gallon drums, a corn husk launcher (potato gun), a sandbox with corn kernals, a large pumpkin moon bounce... it had EVERYTHING! They took us on a short ride out to the pumpkin patch and pulled some carrots right out of the ground for us and fresh onions that were the size of a softball. Then we got our pumpkins and headed back. Of course I couldn't leave without buying some of their produce. The cabbage... I need to take a picture of it. Enormous. and only $1. Can't beat that.


Nathan is of course wonderful. He has been slightly cranky this last week which I am still unsure is because of teething or uncomfortable ears. I took him back to the doctor wondering if his ear infection had gone away (he started running a slight temp) and the doctor was concerned. He said the infection was gone, but the eustachian station tubes (had to google it) weren't functioning properly and he didn't know if it was because of a chronic problem or if his ears were still healing from the last infection. All I know is they weren't responding to the air the doctor was pumping into his ear. Its still a wait and see kind of thing. I REALLY don't want to go the ear tube route, so we're just praying it clears up completely.

As for me, I'm still trying to find the energy to clean my house. My friend and old college roommate came up to stay last week and then we went to the temple. It was so fun to see her again! It just reminded me of my life pre-marriage and kids. How different it was to stay up late and just play all the time. Ahhh... those were the days. LOL! Its too bad though Dana, we just got the new Guitar Hero (with the drums and microphone) would have been fun to challenge you!!
I started reading another book yesterday... well, I started reading Austenland and I finished reading it during naptime (it was short) and now I'm going to take the boys to the library and see if I can find a few more by the same author. Who would have thought I would become a reader?? Ok, so I probably won't, but its nice to see that (1) I haven't forgotten HOW to read and (2) I can enjoy fun, easy books as much as the next person. All of you who have those "What I'm reading right now" posts... I'm going to be paying closer attention (Chrissy) ;) Its funny how my tv time has taken a serious hit and I don't seem to care. I started watching Greys last night and just turned it off after about 5 minutes. I wasn't in the mood... Eli Stone however. I was in the mood for that. ;)
Anyway, I think that about covers it. I'm off to make my list of things to do for the rest of the week. My main goal is to scrub the bathroom floors. eeeewwwwww....

4 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Good for you for doing some reading! I definately am not a reader.. I have read some books in the past, but I can't put the book down and my house goes to crap! Any spare minute I have isn't spend cleaning it's spend reading. Maybe one day when my house is perfectly clean I'll read a book again, we both know that isn't going to happen for a very long time!! Have a great day!

Carrie said...

Oh how I have missed your posts! But I am thrilled you have been reading and you have been reading some of my favorite books! Did you like Austenland? I hope at the library you found Goosegirl--everyone who reads that is a fan for life! No pressure though! lol

Ticklemedana said...

we had so much fun...thanks again...we'll have to set up a time to play guitar hero...lol...yes, it's worth the trip...=)

The Life of MattnWin said...

Mrs. Fatma is from Turkey. I asked Mrs. Sara.