Thursday, October 16, 2008

My day in review

This is a post about yesterday. I got to go down and see my old friends from JUB. It was so good to see them (and see that nothing has changed). They're still the same great people I worked with just 2 short months ago. Man, has it been 2 months already? I guess some days it feels like a week ago and some days it seems like a year ago. I certainly don't miss waking up everyday and dragging the kids to Julies, fighting traffic and sitting in my cube for hours but I do miss some things. I guess its to be expected. Anyway, it was fun and I hope they'll do it again with me. Heck, we met up with our old co-worker Griffin for a couple years and I'm not sure we even liked him. (just kidding of course) Griffin, if you're out there - we love you.

Then on my way home I took Legacy Highway. Does it make me a total nerd if I got goosebumps driving down a road? But this isn't just any road. Its a brand new road that is multi-use. This was the 2nd time I took it. The first was the Sunday of conference weekend between sessions. I guess that was when the goosebumps happened. I was just thinking that if anyone were to ask what it is that I do (and we do in my old company) I could say the Legacy Highway. No, we didn't have any part of it, but designing a road with the slopes and alignment and superelevation... the guardrail and bridges, the box culverts and fences... and then I saw it... the trail. And not just any trail - a trail being used!! There were bikers and people walking on it. I even saw a biker who was taking a break on one of the benches. I've designed a couple trails - they're "fun". (right Gary?) LOL! Then I drove a little further and there was a lake. There were people spending time with their kids at the lake. It was just so perfect. It was like a break from the world. There are no trucks on this road and the speeds are a little slower. It was just so peaceful and calm. Then I got dumped on 215 and reality hit. I had to remind myself to speed up and be an aggressive driver again. Oh well. at least it was a nice break from the everday.
Ok, I'll go take my nerdy self and sit in the corner now.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

David abloutly loves the Legacy Highway too! It has made his commute soooooo much better!

Carrie said...

The word is absolutly (i think? lol)

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Gary told me about the lunch you guys had!! FUN! Next time you come down let me know and we'll come too! I'm so glad you're enjoying being home more. I've always been home and I have days where I wish I worked... You'll have days like that forever, but that's okay!!
I haven't been on or seen Legacy yet.. I'll have to go check it out!