He sprung right back though and was fine the rest of the day. We played a little mini-golf and then came home to get ready for the family. Actually, first I took the boys up to buy some birthday balloons for Nathan. When we left the party store, Nathan was in heaven. He LOVED the balloons. We were getting into the car and Nathan was bouncing them around everywhere Eli said "this is his best birthday EVER!". I had to agree with him. His only other birthday was his actual BIRTH day, and I'm thinking that wasn't such a great day for him. Getting ripped from your warm, dark, quiet home to the cold, loud, bright world where they stick you with needles and you get hungry all the time. Must have been the worst day of his life. :) And one of the best days of mine. He has come so far from that day and so many things have happened. I can't believe it was a year ago. I still feel pregnant with him sometimes (which by the way also reminds me how awful it was) but it couldn't have been that long ago if I still remember. I guess I still remember Eli inside me too. Maybe its just something a mom doesn't forget. I don't know. All I can say is that I'm so happy that I have 2 wonderful and healthy children.
So back to our day. We had everyone come over last night to have dinner and spend time with Chris' parents and to celebrate Nathans birthday. Tacos and cake. yum! Thank you everyone for coming up.
Eating dinner

These are Chris' parents and his sister Mary
Nathan eating dinner
Nathans birthday cake. Covered in whipped cream and blueberries. (he loves blueberries)
Not quite sure what to do.
ok, so he likes the whipped cream part.
his finished product.
presents!!!

4 comments:
Wow! I can't believe he's one! Are you sure? Your cake is fabulous, I love the blueberries way more healthy than the M&M's I usually use. It was Shayleigh's birthday yesterday too, strange that I didn't remember that they had the same birthday. Well Happy Birthday Nathan!
Happy Birthday Nathan!
Love and miss you.
Great Grandma & Aunt Rae
awe! Cute...and talking about being born as not a pleasant thing reminds me of Stewie from the family guy! LOL...watch out if nathan starts talking in a gay, british accent...;)
Oh how fun! I can't believe he's one either! By the way, the red in the kitchen looks great from what I can see in the pics.
Post a Comment