Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day

We never usually do anything fun for Memorial Day, but this time we actually did. Well, Chris and I did. His sister watched the kids while we hiked up to a waterfall. Don't ask me the name of the trail or waterfall, but it was fun. And hard. It has been a LONG time since I've hiked, and I found myself missing the trees, and the rocks, and streams, and everything. It was very nice. There were also a ton of people on the trail being a holiday and all - we even saw some neighbors. Anyway, about 3/4 of the way up was the first waterfall

And if you keep going up and up and up - you come to the 2nd waterfall.

Oh my heavens - look at my hair!!! LOL! I'm also soaked up to my knees. Just to the right of the right side of the picture is the trail, so you have to cross the water to actually see anything. And there is no crossing it without getting soaked. I was worried the trip home would be awful with wet shoes, but it was actually ok. There were a few spots on the way up close to the water - or crossing it where you tried your hardest to stay dry. On the way back though it was no big deal because you were already wet. So if you fell - who cares! :)
Anyway, thank you Sara for watching the kids and thank you Chris for taking me.

2 comments:

Adam and Tiffany said...

Love hiking. That looks like a good one. We did lots of hiking over M day too.

Sara said...

Anytime! Glad you guys actually made it. It looks beautiful. Oh, and it's Adam's Canyon. ( I think.) :)