My sister Erin just had her baby!!! I didn't ask, but she has been calling him Edward her whole pregnancy, so I assume his name is Edward was born at 9:14am CST. 8lbs!! Considering Erins first baby was 5 1/2lbs, this is pretty serious. ;) She did it all by herself again with no needles and I am so happy for her. She was 2 weeks overdue and the doctor was anxiously trying to get her to be induced. She has a serious phobia of needles, so she kept putting it off trusting that her body would do what it needed to do when it needed to do it. Tomorrow was her last appt and they would have sent her to the hospital, so YEAH!! She was able to do it on her own. She said she woke up in labor at 4am and the baby came 5 hours later. When she got to the hospital she was already 8cm (same as her first).
Sorry no pictures as the baby was JUST born like an hour ago.
When Erin called, she was so calm when she asked 'guess where I am?'. With her tone of voice I would have guessed the grocery store not the hospital where she just delivered a baby like 30 minutes before. WOW. Anyway, all is well. Mom and baby are happy and healthy, and I have a nephew!!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats Mary! Your sis is a sweetheart, I am so glad everything went so well. Tell her congrats from me okay. I bet you are such a cool aunt right?
Tell Erin congrats for me! I can't wait to see pictures! I could NEVER deliver without needles...my first (and only so far) was a whopping 26 hours of labor and delivery. Phew. What I wouldn't give for five hours...
Tell Erin congrats for me! I can't wait to see pictures! I could NEVER deliver without needles...my first (and only so far) was a whopping 26 hours of labor and delivery. Phew. What I wouldn't give for five hours...
Post a Comment