Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hmmm... Twilight

Well I went yesterday. And BOY was that an experience. Now I don't consider myself as old... as I am not yet 30, but I felt it. Man, did I feel it. I went with a group of 4 and sitting just to the side of my group was this little girl. (I'm thinking 13 or so) I seriously thought we were going to have to sedate her at some point. She was shaking! For the full 2 hours, she shook. My friend who was sitting next to me kept leaning over to me saying to look at the girl and she was making these facial expressions that were just hilarious!! (while she shook of course) LOL! And of course, when Jacob came on screen and Edward and Carlisle and every other decent looking male the audience erupted into screaming that you missed their first few lines. And the kissing scene you couldn't even enjoy because there was a hum of anticipation and then more with the screaming...

So I don't know if my review is based more in my prejudice against my fellow Twilighters in the theater or the actual movie itself, but I was kind of sad. I liked the movie - I really did, but I didn't feel the connection between Edward and Bella (which I guess you could say would be KEY to the whole movie). They just seemed cold and forced like they weren't really enjoying each other. They acted the part where they had to be careful around each other, but they never seemed to smile and be happy they were in love! I don't know, maybe they did and I was too busy watching this hilarious 13 yr old sitting next to us. :) (very possible)
I'm glad I get to take my sister on Monday so I can see it again hopefully with a new perspective. The 13 year olds will be in school and I already know the plot changes, so I won't have to try and figure it out. I can just enjoy it as a movie. I have tons more to say on scenes that they left out or did wrong, but for the sake of people who haven't seen it yet - I will hold off. All I can say is that even though Alice had only half a dozen lines, she was great and I can't wait for the next few movies because something tells me she will steal the show. I just love Alice.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I agree with you on every point (except I didn't like the movie at all). Bella and Edward were too awkward which ruined the whole thing, but Alice was great and I really liked her.

chrissy said...

I feel bad when people say they didn't like it, because I LOVED IT! I felt like one of the teeny boppers, shaking with excitement. And I let out a few gasps and squeals here and there. So ya, I'm lame like that, and now you know.

Maybe it'll grow on you if you see it again?

Mary said...

Chrissy, it did help to see it again. I think my problem was I had read the book to soon before seeing the movie. Everyone I know who hasn't read the book recently loved it and if you read the book in the last couple months you hated it... Once I looked at the movie as just that - a movie it was MUCH better. ;)