Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Slackin'

I have no excuse except that I don't like the women in my ward very much... they keep giving me books to read and I can do nothing else while I read. I seriously have a hard time putting them down at all.

Anyway, Saturday was Eli's first pinewood derby! And wouldn't you know, he came home with 3rd place and Chris got 1st. Chris thinks it probably should have been the other way around, but thats a whole other conversation that you are never allowed to bring up in his presence. LOL! Whatever. It was a fun night and Eli had a blast. Chris made a spiderman car for Eli, and he let Eli paint his car... a very interesting combination of black, orange and yellow. They both came home with a chocolate bar, so it makes Momma proud ;)

Chris got 3rd place in the 'anything goes' race. I don't remember what it was really called, but they didn't worry about weighing the cars. His was under the regulation weight and still made the top 3. Not bad honey!!

I've still been reading. I guess I feel the need to make up for the last 10 years of not reading in a single month. Yes, I'm crazy. But I will admit that I have had more fun in the last month than I have in a while. I just finished another book called "These is my words" by Nancy Turner. Excellent. Its set in the 1880's on the Arizona frontier and is written like its her diary. I'm pretty sure its based on a true story, but I don't think its an actual diary. Anyway, Carrie has a couple more books that I need to read to finish up the Goose Girl trilogy and then I'm going to take a break. I really want to buy the Twilight series for Christmas, so maybe my break can last until then and I will reread Twilight at the beginning of next year.
Only 11 more days until the movie comes out!!!!!!!! And yes, I'll be there opening day.

4 comments:

chrissy said...

i hear ya about the reading thing. except my house usually takes the brunt of it, not my blog ;)

hey, are you talking about the goose girl by shannon hale? that's up next on my list to read, but i didn't know it was a trilogy. what's the rest of them? i don't know if i can take that on right now! but i absolutely loved princess academy. have you read that one by her?

Carrie said...

Don't be a hater--just be a participater! And you are doing very well with that. Are you including Lightening thief in with the Goose Girl series, it was'nt clear. I am the evil one and I love ya Mary! Keep reading it keeps ya happy!
And yes Chrissy there are, Enna Burning and River Secrets. Enjoy!

jashak said...

Hey mary i recently made my blog private. have you been able to get to it? if not send me an email and i will make sure you get on the invite list. sorry for the trouble. It did say that Blog authors should be able to access it. Have a great day. Hurray for pine wood derbies

Peggy said...

These Is My Words was our book club book in our ward a few months back. I didn't read it but they say it's good. Glad to have another opinion.
That reading thing is in the blood. I found that I had to actually schedule my reading or only allow myself to read after whatever I decided on was done.
Good luck.