Emergency at the Porter house. We're fine, no harm done, but the CO detector was going off all last night. We left at 1:30am to go to a hotel and Nathan wouldn't go back to sleep. Lots of fun. Chris took him on a drive, but still he only slept an hour or two. I'm hoping we can all sleep in today. Anyway, we came home this morning and called the gas company. He found no CO in the house, but whether that was because it had aired out or there was never a problem - he wasn't positive. He found a couple potential problems that could have caused it - mostly because of the pressure in the storm we're getting right now. We'll just have to change a vent and bore a hole through our house... no biggie. ;) I'm grateful that we called him so we can get it fixed. I swear the whole 'home ownership' thing is just a learning curve. So much to learn.
But for now, we're fine. We can turn the appliances back on when the storm passes. For now the biggest problem will be taking a cold shower.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm so glad your alright! Hope you catch up on your rest.
ooh that's so scary...good thing you had that detector! glad you guys are ok...=)
glad everyone is safe!
Oh my gosh! That's frightening! I'm glad it wasn't anything major.
Mary,
That is scary. You did the right thing by taking immediate action.
I have a new social network for James Bond fans: http://007bondmovies.ning.com/
Can you add a link to it on your site?
Thanks,
David
This happened to us... They said to change the batteries and that did the trick.. Give it a try!
Post a Comment