Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love and Randomness

Well, my Mom left on Tuesday and the kids are sad. We miss you already Mom!!! and Happy (belated) Birthday to my Dad. He turned a young 71 yesterday. :) I also wanted to give a shout out to my sister Erin. Her hubby comes home today from Iraq. YEAH!!! Welcome Home Caleb!! We Love You!!!!

So whats been going on with us... not a whole lot. Chris installed new can lights in our living room because the builders of our neighborhood figured we didn't need light in our front rooms... literally there is not a house on this block (that I've been in) with overhead lighting in their front room. Stupid.
We had our ward playgroup over here yesterday. Fun, Fun. I finished my laundry this morning and put it away, reorganized my husbands shirts, filed our taxes, filled out Eli's kindergarten forms (sob!) and we're supposed to get new insulation put in this afternoon. That makes me SO happy. I'm hoping its going to help with our bills - but if not at least help with the ice on our roof. One can dream...

The boys are great. Nathan is walking just about everywhere now. He falls a lot, but is doing so well! Only 6 short weeks and he'll be in nursery! I finally turned him forward facing in his car seat. He seems to like it, but he never really complained either way - hence why I've waited a few more months than necessary. Now he just wants to be like his brother. Although his brother also wants him to grow up and be big like him... I guess its inevidable that Nathan will grow up too fast.
Here are my superheros...

And this picture was from a couple weeks ago. Nathan had been sick or something. I almost enjoy my kids being sick. They're so cuddly... :) but ugh - that picture doesn't even look like me. yikes!

And I think Eli took this picture. What a cute husband I got. Love you babe!

7 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

I agree, I love it when my kids are sick and cuddly!!! You have to feel bad for them a little, but I do love the extra loves I get from them.

Ticklemedana said...

Mary! you and your little family are so dang cute...hope all is well with you...=)

Adam and Tiffany said...

Play group was fun. I must freshen up my skills with Guitar Hero. Love Eli's cape. A really cool person must have stayed up late sewing all those.

Mary said...

Tiffany - yes a VERY cool person. I would never have been so ambitious. But at least your efforts were not gone to waste. Eli loves that cape. :)

chrissy said...

Hey, yes I would LOVE some recipes! I don't mind if they're time consuming, I usually have plenty of time to do dinner. But what I'm looking for are recipes that feed 4-6 and budget friendly. I love using recipes that call for sauces and ingredients that I probably already have, or that don't cost an arm and a leg just for one dinner. Send some my way if you have a spare minute! skaggbailey@hotmail.com

thanks, mary!

chrissy said...

oh, on another note, i noticed you keep a list of books on your sidebar. have you heard of goodreads? i love it. you can compare books and reviews with friends, and keep a log of the books you've read and put books you want to read on your "bookshelf". you should check it out.

Angie said...

Aww, I love the superhero capes! What adorable brothers. I cant believe that Eli is starting kindergarten... that is crazy!

And i love the picture of you & Nathan... Really sweet. I know what you mean, they are SO much more cuddly when theyre sick. Sad..