Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday night

Well we had a fun night at our house last night. Chris was busy making a lemon pound cake and talking to his parents while I was in the living room reading. Eli was twirling in the living room with this paper thing he made in church. So we have Eli... in the living room... with the paper 'thingy' twirling around. Any guesses??
Here is the paper 'thingy'

The wall in the living room...

Crack. He tripped and split his head on the corner of the wall. And of course its a head wound so - BLEEDER!

Chris took him to a after hours clinic because (of course) its 7:30pm on a Sunday. Why do accidents NEVER happen during business hours? I'll never understand it. Anyway, a lot of crying and 4 staples later my baby is fine. Chris said he actually didn't cry during the numbing shots they gave him or the staples. Just right when it happened and he was seeing all that blood. He slept all night and when he woke up said only that his head a little. Well I gave him some medicine anyway but he is running around the house perfectly fine. You'd never guess. And his hair is long enough that you can barely see the staples today. Now what to do about preschool tomorrow. Am I a freak to be worried that he might get paint on his fingers and then scratch his head? or some other kid with their dirty hands get near it? I don't know. I'm sure he'll be fine. Maybe I'll throw a big bandage over it or something. Anyway, this is our first (of I'm sure many) trips for stiches/staples, casts or other such emergencys. Fun times... fun times...

4 comments:

The Life of MattnWin said...

Oh my gosh how sad! You are not a freak I would so keep him home but that might make me a freak too???? I won't think you are a freak if you do. Tell him we hope he gets better fast.

Jones Family said...

Ahhh! I'm glad he's ok! I love that he is just running around fine like nothing happens...just wait until he's 12 and milking every bump for all it's worth! :)

jashak said...

Hurray for happy endings. How did you husband get him to the clinic? Did you guys get the bleeding to stop. That has always been a question of mine. If i had to get my kid to the Dr/ Hosp and he was bleeding, would i strap him in his car seat? or just drive? I will let you know when it happens.

Mary said...

Amy, we just held a towel to him for about 5 or 10 minutes for him to calm down, me to calm down and assess whether or not he needed to go. Then Chris put some neosporin on it and we held the towel for another couple minutes. That seemed to help minimize the bleeding, but he was old enough to hold the towel to his own head while he was in the car seat