Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And the Bad Mommy Award...

...goes to...? ME! Yep! Forgot the sunscreen. Darn it if that wasn't the last thing on my mind when we went to the park today. It was great fun actually. I hadn't ever been to this particular park, but Sara invited us for a picnic. It was like a big castle... it had sandboxes and a closed in area for the littler ones... we're definitely going to have to go back. Of course no pictures actually AT the park having fun (or the pile of rocks the boys collected saying they were dinosaur teeth) No, I had to take them after we got home and realized their faces were bright red. oops!

This picture was to show off his sunburn, but I think the chocolate face mask is the more prominent feature. Ice cream for dessert! YUM!


My poor fair skinned children. 3 hours in the sun just isn't a good thing for them. The good news is that it'll be gone (or at least better) by this time tomorrow night and even at the expense of their skin, they had a blast today. :) Thanks Sara!!

5 comments:

Adam and Tiffany said...

Your not a bad mommy. It does make you feel bad though. It happens to all of us. Missed you today.

Ticklemedana said...

well, of course it was the last thing on your mind...it's been so wintery for so long! They'll be fine...=)

chrissy said...

This same thing happens to me every spring. I forget that even though it's not 90 degrees, they can still get burned :) So far this year, it hasn't happened, so consider this a 'thank you' for saving their sensitive skin!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Um, if you are then that makes me one too.... Madi has red cheeks too from being outside the other day.. I love summer, but it's hard having kids that burn, I always forget the sunblock!! Nathan doesn't seem to mind his sunburn judging by that smile!! Fun kids!! Have a great night!

Sara said...

I was going to call and see how bad they got burnt, because my arms were bright red. Sorry! I never think about sunscreen because the kids are so dark skinned, but I'm going to have to remember for Adah. She looks about the same as the boys. It was fun, thanks for going with us.