So we're going to ignore the fact that I haven't posted in 2 months and move on from here. Deal? Our computer broke a while back and so we didn't have anything - then this computer I still haven't figured out how to download photos. Not that I've taken any... but you never know!
So what have we been up to lately? Well, I sort of gave up on my cleaning spree. I did the entry, the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, the downstairs bathroom and started the family room. The kitchen was amazing to me. Just reorganizing all the cupboards and throwing away SO much stuff. The furnace closet in the family room, I threw away 2 garbage bags worth of stuff and a huge box. I'm still going to finish it. I need to go through the boys closet with all those clothes. That was really why I started it, so I could just go through all my piles. All the places where I know I'm not being efficient with my space - it just bothers me. So I will continue. I promise!
Next, I'm going to have a brag moment for my Eli. He is doing SO well with his little reader books. They take these books home to read and practice and learn words. I haven't counted how many words he knows, but we're well over 100 by now. Words like that, them, what, who, am, sand, like, fish, shut, me, see, meet, and, the, feet, run, sad, sheet, well, shell, did, let, and tons more. It's so much fun to see him notice words in other books and realize he can start to understand things. Chris has also taken him out to learn to ride his bike on 2 wheels. He still has a long way to go on that one, but he is trying!
Nathan is so much fun right now. His speech is coming along. He still mumbles and blubbers his way through most sentences, but it amazes me sometimes just how much I understand. And, yes as his mother I understand more than most, but still. He is learning! Finally! He had pneumonia a few weeks ago which was a little scary. He was fine in the morning and then after his nap he woke up with a high fever. I didn't even think to check it, but he kept saying his ear hurt. It's Sunday afternoon, so after about 1/2 hour of him worrying me, I took him to the urgent care figuring we'll get the ear infection taken care of and be done with it. Well, his temp was 104.9, he had an ear infection and unbeknownst to me, he couldn't breathe. In the 3 1/2 hours that I was at the clinic, they gave him tylenol, a double shot (one in each leg) of antibiotics, a steroid pill for inflammation, and 3 breathing treatments with a nebulizer. If he hadn't cleared up by the 3rd one, we were on our way to the ER. Luckily he did, and when I took him back Monday morning for a followup, he was perfectly fine. It was insane.
Speaking of ER's, that's where I went the following week. I was having some chest pains and my left arm kept going numb. Then I started freaking out and wound up with a full blown panic attack. My arms and legs were almost totally numb and felt like 100lbs, I was dizzy, clammy, and all the other symptoms. Never did really find anything or any reason - but now I know what it is. We'll go ahead and say ambulance trips - I can do without them. Thanks. And yes, everything is fine now.
Then this last weekend we were down at Chris' sisters house hanging out and Eli was playing with the kids. He hands Nathan this little ball and tells him "Don't stick this in your ear". I'll give you 3 guesses what Nathan did. Again, Sunday afternoon. So we head to our new favorite people at Urgent Care. They wouldn't touch it, but the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor on Monday did. Scooped it right out of his ear and traumatized my little 2 yr old. (hopefully in to never doing it again) He is fine now. I'm just hoping this is the end of it. Please, let this be the end of it!! LOL! I can only take so much.
I am definitely looking forward to a nice getaway at my sisters house over spring break. I want us all to be healthy and happy and for it to be spring and enjoyable... is that too much to ask? Probably, but it'll be nice to spend some time with my family. It's been too long.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
WOW. Sounds like crazy times at the Porter house. I'm glad you and Nathan are doing better, and that Eli was hopefully scared out of putting anything in his ear ever again!
Congrats to Eli on starting to learn how to read! That's awesome! And congrats to you on getting so much done on your house! We're in the process of organizing over here too... It's a long process and feels never-ending, but it is so refreshing!
Wow. I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive over there. Haven't heard from you guys in a while. Now I understand you've had your hands full. What an eventful, exciting few months for you. Glad everyone is okay now.
And way to go Eli. On reading and riding your bike. Canon wanted me to take his training wheels off the other day, all the time he's still tipping over with them on. Hmmm. Maybe we'll wait on that one. We should get together in the mornings at the park and let them ride together since it's nice again.
If you want spring in Nebraska, you might be a little disappointed. But we will have fun! I can promise that!
i'd say you've had your fill of dr's and hospitals for a while! and have fun at your sister's house!
Dang Mary, after all the stuff I do know about and you tell me... LOL you somehow managed to forget to tell me about the sticking stuff in his ear incident :D. Sounds like you really do need a break.
Post a Comment