Monday, September 14, 2009

My new obsessions



I have had so much fun reading these books! I heard about them about a year ago when Stephanie Meyer was recommending it. I read the jacket cover and didn't really think it was my kind of book. A bit of future, and politics and kids killing kids. I thought - no thanks.

Well, a year later the hype is starting to climb and I figured I would try them out. I'm starting to wish I had just let them be for another year or two until we get more books. This whole 'waiting a year for the next one to get published' is NOT for me!!! How do you people do this??? These books are FABULOUS! I would recommend them to about anyone! And I'm absolutely dying. This lady has a way of ending a book on a cliff. AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

So just to give you a little bit more of a premise, they do take place in the future so to speak. There was a big war in North America that ended with the "Capitol" being in charge and setting up 12 districts... well, 13, but thats not important. Every year, the capitol draws 2 names from each district - a boy and a girl (so 24 kids) to go into a large arena for the "Hunger Games". These are teenage kids and they basically fight to the death and the last one standing wins. It's a way for the capitol to remind everyone that they're in charge. Anyway, sounds morbid and disturbing and some parts are but it literally has everything. A little love story, a little political story, a little adventure story... whatever you want it has.
Just read them. And trust me. Then again, start reading next year after the 3rd book is published. I won't blame you. ;)

5 comments:

hwangberg said...

Very good books!!!!

Carrie said...

Love love! I am obsessed too~is there a support group I can attend?

Angie said...

Hmm, I may have to try those out! They do sound odd, but that's what I said about Twilight before I read those. Oh, and I am SO excited about New Moon coming out too!!! I'll be going by myself to see it in Iowa. :)

Briana said...

I always like new book suggestions. I wouldn't read these if it was someone I didn't know saying how great they were.

chrissy said...

i loved the first book! i've been on the library waiting list for weeks for the second book. i can hardly stand it!