Tuesday, January 12, 2010
New Years Resolution area 1
So I've started my organized home project and I need to post the results. More as an accountability thing for me so I actually do it... but also because I couldn't believe the difference. The first week is the entry/foyer area. In our house that consists of a 4'x4' square so I got cocky thinking it would easy. HA! Unfortunately I didn't think to pull out the camera before I started so you get to see it with everything pulled out. I could not believe so much stuff was in that tiny little nook. I mean seriously!!!!

Nathan wasn't really sure what to think. I'm right there with him.
So this is with everything put away, the baseboards and floor cleaned, the shelves wiped out, etc. Looks a bit better. The problem I had though was I didn't want to put ANYTHING back. I wanted it to go somewhere else so it didn't clutter up the space - not really thinking that the cubbies and hooks were MEANT to have coats and shoes in them. So not only is this "organized home project" a work in progress, but I am too.
Next week is supposed to be the living room, but since the foyer (while a pain in the butt) only took a day I thought I'd squeeze the living room in as well. This is an ACTUAL before picture of the messy room. I have not picked up in here since we took the tree down, so it is starting to get a little crazy. Luckily this picture doesn't show off the mess. (It's all behind the couch... you can see some of the books and papers coming out from behind the couch next to the fireplace and the rest of it is in the corner behind the lamp) I cleared out 90% of the clutter yesterday and moved the furniture so today is cleaning the walls, baseboards, curtains, fireplace, dusting the furniture, vacuuming, and anything else I can think of - as well as moving the furniture back to where it belongs. Wish me luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are an inspiration, Mary. I think I am going to do this, too. I may move the order of the rooms to fit what I need to get done for real life stuff, but I have to get the whole house done before spring. :)
Great idea!! Good luck :)
Decluttering always feels so nice... after it's done. Way to go! Your foyer looks great! I love your little cubbies. They are so cute! Can't wait to see how the living room sparkles!
You've inspired me to at least purge my closet...
After I washed and scrubbed my brick in the foyer, I've decided I deserve a break. It's only been two weeks. Hi, my name is Sara and I am very lazy. :)
Post a Comment